[MR] BBC: Search on for Henry I's Grave

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Jun 13 01:35:19 PDT 2016

Noble Friends,

Ah, how history repeats itself! Another king under the car park story is
unfolding in Reading, England as the search begins for the lost tomb of
Henry I, son of William the Conqueror. Henry's life and demise don't
quite pack the emotional punch of Richard I, and the site around the
ruins of Reading Abbey was the legitimate and honored place for the
Royal Burial, but it the search is sure to catch the attention of the
world if the bones are found:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-36510595 .

Still among the missing: Edmund of East Anglia, possibly buried under
tennis courts; James IV of Scotland, taken to London in 1513 and vanished.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, That Crazy Scot