[MR] Storvik Novice Tourney Baronial Morning Court Report

Danielle Scott via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Jul 12 11:52:07 PDT 2016

To their Majesties, Highnesses, Excellency’s of Storvik and Good Gentles of
Atlantia I send you greetings,

Please allow me a few minutes of your time to tell you of the past weekend
and the wonderous moments I witnessed while visiting my friends in your
Storvikian lands.

On the Morning of July 9th, I arrived to the beautiful lands on this hot
day to find the dear Baroness Griele sitting upon her throne alone and in
despair.  Moments later their Majesties and Highness’ arrived whilst
touring the lands looking for new fighters, archers and artisans to bring
among their ranks, it was then that I learned of the reason for her sorrow
and the missing Baron.  For it was told by a Seer that his Excellency
Badouin would die soon and he wished to ensure his place in Valhalla so he
took up his armor and went on a quest to find a battle to die in. This
definitely explained her Excellencies despair and grief.  A short time
later Baron Badouin staggered into the court, he looked battle weary and as
if he would die any moment.  It was then then he told us of a strange tale.
He said that he did go out on a quest travelling far and wide to find
someone strong enough and skilled enough to kill him and it wasn’t until
this very morning that he came upon a one-eyed stranger at a crossroads.  What
was stranger was that the one-eyed man said he was told by two ravens of
his search and many battles and that the Baron was worthy to face him.  The
two men fought and the one-eyed man did indeed the death blow but before
his blood could be spill upon the soil he was pulled up and told he still
had business to finish that morning before the Valkyries would come to take
him to feast in the evening. The next thing His Excellency knew he was
before the field of the court.  It was at this time he and his lovely wife
conducted the last of their business together on this plain.

First to be called before them was Lady Rayhana al-Sayyida bint Yusuf,
unfortunately she was tending to her own lands and unable to be there, but
His Excellency wished to let all know of his respect for her hard work,
that she brought a kingdom level event back to their lands and has done
much for the Barony. For this she was awarded the Baronial of Excellence in
absentia.

Next to be called forward was Mistress Graçia Esperança de Sevilla, sadly
she too could not hear the call for she was in foreign lands, Baroness
Griele however wished for all that were present to know how much help
Mistress Graçia had been throughout her time on the throne and of the joy
and courtesy she had shown so she awarded her the Baroness’ Award of
Courtesy and asked that shout of Skol be loud enough that she may hear it
in the distant land.  For it was so great it nearly knocked me aback.
At this time His Excellency searched high and low until his eyes settled
upon M’lady Sonya Flicker and he bid her come forward, he wished to thank
her for being his Chatelaine and caring for the newcomers to their lands,
teaching them to laugh and dance and opening her home to all by awarding
her the Baronial Award of Excellence for though she may be small her
service is great.
Her Excellency then bid I call forward Baroness Emma West before her, so
that she may thank the Baroness for her kindness to the lands and her
throughout her time upon the throne; her service to the barony, whether it
be teaching, her gracious hospitality or organizing wonderful events
including today for the novices of the land, for this she wished to bestow
upon her the Baroness’ Award of Courtesy.

At this time we noticed his Excellency become very unsteady and saw that
his wound had begun to bleed and all knew his time was coming to an end. He
handed his sword to his rapier champion, Lord Fernfell to keep safe, and
relinquished his coronet to their Majesties.  Next he removed his cloak and
laid it upon the throne so that it may light the way for all to follow,
lastly as a host of his ancestors entered the hall, he gave his wealth and
love to his wife and was awarded a spear by the Valkyrie and led to
Valhalla and his just death.

Baroness Griele at this wished to no longer carry on leading the lands
alone and asked to be allowed to return to their estates.  His Majesty
personally led her to her escort and solace.

Upon his return, Their Majesties determined with a war upon the horizon it
was necessary to find a new Baron and Baroness to guard and guide the
barony. I shall leave the story of that to another.

Please stay tuned as I share the tale of my evening in the Courts of the
great lands of Storvik.

In service to Atlantia,

Baronin Daniela Schwartzhaupt