[MR] 12th Night Lyceum Atlantia registration

Janina Krakowska via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sat Dec 17 05:34:24 PST 2016

Greetings unto wintry Atlantia from the northern-most reaches with ice
covered surfaces!

What is this Lyceum Atlantia? Well, I'll tell you!

There is a change to the usual 12th Night competition schedule - the
Tempore Atlantia will not be held. Instead, we are announcing the premier
Lyceum Atlantia.  Specifics of this event follow below, but the essential
bits are that this is focused on providing targeted feedback from a panel
who have knowledge in the field of the participant's entry. Sign-ups will
occur at 12th Night, with the Lyceum being held at Kingdom A&S Festival.
The spots are limited to 10, and I will be set up in the A&S area to accept
your application.  This needs to include a description of your entry and at
least a substantial outline about it so we can collect your panelists.
Applications open at 12th Night, but if you are not able to attend, but
will be at Kingdom A&S, you can send the information about your entry with
a friend to claim a spot.

The Lyceum Atlantia  event is unlike anything else in the Kingdom as it
focuses on delivering feedback to its participants rather than celebrating
the spirit of competition.

Instead of a competition, this is a limited-entry display. At the premier
Lyceum, we will allow up to ten (10) entrants. For future Lyceums, we will
evaluate if we can increase the number of entrants while maintaining a high
level of personalized feedback. Individuals will have to sign up far in
advance and let the individual running the activity know exactly *what*
they will be entering. As such, the entry should be limited to a single
item or an exhibit showing a progression. The coordinator will then find
three judges that are specifically experts relating to the entry of the
participant. These experts will then, at the event, give personalized,
face-to-face, verbal feedback in a joint sit-down session with the
participant and the other judges to help the participant improve their art
and continue on a path of growth. The goal of this activity is the purity
of feedback without competition. We want to find ways to help people and
give them what they have most been requesting: feedback!

Sign-ups for this initial Lyceum Atlantia will be held at 12th Night.
Royalty and the local hosting groups may, of course, sponsor other
competitions or displays, and to occur alongside Lyceum Atlantia activities.

We hope that the Kingdom’s Laurels, Pearls, and others will make it a
regular part of their event day to visit the display area and perhaps leave
comments and/or tokens for participants.

In Service to Atlantia, the Arts and the Sciences!
Baroness Janina Krakowska
Deputy MOAS for Competitions