[MR] Tempore Atlantia at spring Crown Tournament

Janina Krakowska via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu Apr 14 08:15:17 PDT 2016

Greetings Fair Atlantia!

The Crown Tournament to determine the successors to our beloved Dietrich
and Thora is rapidly approaching!  Are you prepared for the Tempore
Atlantia?  This is the time-oriented competition that is the companion to
the wildly successful  Cultural Tempore held at Coronation. I am looking
forward to the equally wonderful entries and display items.

What does this entail?  Anything that comes from the time 1250 to 1400.  This
is an era that brings to mind the idea of the knight in shining armor. The
arts flourished; poetry, embroidery, the martial arts, and many others.

 For myself, the glorious embroidery is particularly important. Therefore,
I will offer a separate prize for the best use of embroidery from this
period. This will be a collection of very useful supplies.

What is the prize for the Tempore itself you might ask. It will be a pouch
full of Spike buttons!  I am obtaining these the AvalonNatural Etsy site
where you can see a preliminary representation.  The buttons nearly have
enough pre-orders to enable the production. Unfortunately, this means that
there will be a slight delay in delivering the prize.  The shipping box
will be present for the lucky winner to fill out their address for the
speediest delivery.

A reminder - you do not need to be present to win!  If you cannot be
present, please send your entry with someone else so we can all enjoy your
skill and artistry!

The judging will use the new forms and criteria as can be found at:
http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/judging/

I look forward to your creative efforts, and seeing the impressive display
at Coronation!

In Service to Atlantia, Her Royalty, Her Populace, and the Arts and
Sciences!

Baroness Janina Krakowska

janina.krakowska at gmail.com