[MR] Hawkwood Baronial Birthday, May 13th-15th

Justin Mashburn via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Apr 12 09:02:22 PDT 2016

Hawkwood Baronial Birthday: For Love and Friendship

May 13th - 15th,

Lutheridge Conference Center: 2511 Hendersonville Road, Arden, NC 28704

Below is a mere summary, for full descriptions visit the event website

http://sites.google.com/site/hawkwoodbaronialbirthday

Hawkwood is growing a year older, and this year we’re going to celebrate
with an event themed around the ideas of courtesy, friendship, and love. So
brush up on your honorifics, practice your handkissing techniques, figure
out what to do with your arms while curtsying, and join us in the mountains
for a weekend of fighting, dancing, feasting, and flirting.

So much A&S!

Favor competition: a judged competition for historically accurate favors
and tokens. Make two favors to be presented to the gentle of your choosing,
one to wear on the fighting field and a formal one to wear at feast.

Awards will be presented for the following categories:
1. Most historically accurate Favor or Token with documentation
2. Most elaborate Favor or Token with documentation

Brewing competition: Elixirs of love. Whatever you want to make, including
cordials and non-alcoholic beverages. Prizes will be awarded in the
following categories:

1. The smoothest Elixir of Love
2. The sweetest Elixir of Love
3. Darn! – That is just the best Elixir of Love
4. Excellencies choice

Best use of Love and Hearts: Whether it be a Scroll, an Embroidery, a piece
of jewelry or chainmaille, a weaving, a drawing, a piece of pottery.
Wherever your imagination takes you – this competition will be based on the
historical uses of Love and Hearts.

Prizes awarded in Adult (17 and up) and Youth (16 and under) divisions.

Raison D'être: For many artisans, we find that our love of the craft drives
our work. This love of creating becomes even more special within the
Society because we all teach one another and share our research and
knowledge freely. This is a special contest that allows you to “give back”
to the person that taught you a skill that is now something you cherish!
Any “A&S” is welcome to enter, as long as it has been made with the intent
of giving it to another.

Acts of Courtesy: at Troll you will have the opportunity to  purchase a
small bag of Ribbon for 25 cents for ten ribbons. For each act of chivalry,
a perfect bow, the perfect turn of the leg, the perfect curtsey, the
perfect hand kiss you will award that individual a ribbon. The individual
that has the most ribbons at the end of the day on May 14th shall be
recognized in court as the 2016 Hawkwood Birthday Courtier.

Marshal activities galore!

Armored fighting, Rapier fighting, Youth armored combat, Archery, and
Thrown Weapons.

All in fun and exciting formats!

A mouth-watering feast!

First Course:

A tale of two Salads - Caprese Salad bites and Insalate

Second Course:
Brodo de Ciceri Rosci w/ Crusty bread and herbed butter

Third Course:

Lasanis, Meatball Marinara

And of course Hawkwood Birthday Cake

Don’t miss out, reserve cabin and feast space today!

Registration

Ages 6-17

Adults

Member Registration before May 6

$8

$12

Member Registration after May 6

$10

$14

Non-Member Registration before May 6

$8

$17

Non-Member Registration after May 6

$10

$19

Cabin Space

$4

$4

Feast!

$10

$10

*tent camping is FREE

Reservations:
Make checks payable to Barony of Hawkwood/SCA, Inc. and mail to
Barry Branch
3200 Vance Denton rd.
Morganton NC 28655