[MR] Children's Activities and Page Class at Highland River Melees

Jacintha of Highland Foorde via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun May 31 14:04:24 PDT 2015

The youth who come to Children's Activities will be slaving for the feast.
We will make ricotta cheese (the hot part will be more demo-ish with the
kids helping with the lemons), which will be used in Ancient Roman Libum,
or Honey Cakes for high table (again, the oven will be used by adults
only!). We will also make butter and a subtlety: some mice! (Thank you
Ponte Alto for your fabulous idea!)
We will also, if we have time, make some candles for feast.
Youth 5 and older are welcome. Children younger than 5 may participate with
their adult. Please note that milk, eggs and wheat flour are integral to
this activity. Children's Activities begins at 1:30 PM in the hall nearest
the kitchen and ends promptly at 3 PM. Adult assistance is needed to hold
Children's Activities. Your service is appreciated.

The Page Class will be Nickel Flowers and Vines, a beginner illumination
class. We'll talk about setting up a scroll and then practice making
flowers and vines in a border. If we have time we'll do a little painting.
You do not need to be a Page (or a Youth) to attend, but Pages will take
precedence, with adults last. Class limit is 10. Class will begin at 3:30
PM in the A&S tent and will end at 4:30 PM. Adult assistance is needed to
hold the Page Class. Your service is appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you and your children on Saturday!

https://www.facebook.com/events/867672003292800/896974947029172/
http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org/hrmelees/index.php
http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=e42e4287

--