[MR] BBC: 1944 Henry V Still Photos Found

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon May 18 02:22:16 PDT 2015

Noble Friends,

Today the BBC has a brief story about the rediscovery of still photos
from the 1944 Olivier version of Henry V:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-32751979 . Sadly, the
article only reproduces three of the photos. Two are views of the
archers, showing what appear to be excellent period costumes. Curiously,
most of the archers have their archers on the right side of their bows
(Mongolian style), though they are otherwise shooting right-handed.
Hmmm. After seeing the videos of that Dutch speed shooter, I tried this
on my basement range and put both arrows into the wall. Enough of that
foolishness.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, The Archer of Mallard Lodge