[MR] Sapphire Joust classes

aquarian27 at aol.com aquarian27 at aol.com
Wed May 20 06:52:51 PDT 2009

Hail Good gentles of the tavern!  In the hustle and bustle of recent weeks, I was amiss at getting the class information submitted for the offerings by my band of merry musicians and dancers.  At Sapphire Joust this weekend, the following offerings will be held in MJZ's camp on Saturday.

Middle Eastern
Drumming and Dancing Classes

Hosted by: Min
el-J’bal el-Zarr’a

2pm:  Basic
beginner Middle Eastern Dance:  Dancing and enjoying yourself!  Learn to dance, and love it!  Find your inner dancer and let them out.  Basic techniques and foundations that most
forms of Middle Eastern dance are built upon. What is period and what isn’t,
and how to tell.(1 hour)

3pm: Basic Doumbek rhythms for beginners.  Learn the rhythms you’ll hear at haflas,
jalsahs, and around the fire.

4pm:  Dancing/Drumming around the fire,
Jalsah, or Hafla!  Learn the ins and outs
of dancing or drumming  with other people
and with live musicians.  What movements
and techniques are best suited for each environment.  Communication with musicians and dancers, and
with those watching.  Make every time you
dance or drum a fun and enjoyable experience, learn to have fun with it! (1
hour)

Classes will be held in
the MJZ camp on Saturday afternoon
Please bring water and
wear comfortable clothing

Hafla on the List Field
Saturday night facilitated by MJZ

Stop by camp when it
 is
open to say hello, share information, discuss all things ME,
play music, and jam.  All instruments
welcome!
Come by and wish Lord Waian McDonald a happy birthday!

Ask Saahira about the
Folkloric Dance Exposition to be held at Pennsic this year.