[MR] Spring Crown Tourney Thank Yous

Laura Garcia elgrad at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 05:14:37 PDT 2009

>From the Autocrat of Spring Crown Tournament 2009:

I would like to take a moment to thank all those that attended the event.  I hope that you enjoyed yourself and will take home good memories.

I would also like to thank the members of the Stronghold that worked their hearts out to make this event happen.  Everyone in the group worked hard as a team, but I would like to thank each for their special efforts:

Lord Jehan-Franc for your splendid feast.  As this was your first attempt, we sure picked a great event to put you through the fire!  You did everything I expected and more.

Senor Juan Baptist Ponce for your awesome site tokens.  It did not surprise me that you won accolades for their production from Tempore Atlantia.  They were exquisite!  Additionally, you took care of the peripheral issues so well that I never knew there might be problems.  That alone makes an autocrat's job easy!

Lady Sabelina Portafleur for being my reservationist.  I told you it would be an adventure, but you never blinked an eye.  Your calm presence kept me centered.

Baron Calledon and Baroness Maderun for your ability to handle everything I threw at you.  From handling the money at troll, parking cars, taking care of the list field and serving feast, you seemed to be everywhere I needed you to be before I had to ask.

Lady Dar for running troll into the wee hours of the morning which gave me the opportunity to catch some sleep.  You will never know how that saved my life.

Senora Dorothea for making the site look like the dream I had in my mind.  You took the feast hall from a cinder block building to a great hall in a castle. It was awesome!

For all those involved in feast - Lord Stanwulf, Lady Mercwen, Lord Hiddo, Lord Orm, Sorcha, Baroness Patricia, Aldis (who also handled merchants),and Grimkel.  What can I say?  You rock!

For Angus, who worked quietly with the Chirurgeon to keep our event safe.  Congratulations on becoming a warranted chirurgeon!

For Master Torquil for keeping the feast hall organized.  Keeping tabs on a small space with many issues is never easy, but you handled it with your usual calm and grace.  Thank you.

For Lady Glee of the Abbey and your daughter, Mandy, for keeping the smalls occupied all day.  You deserve a medal!

For all those gentles that helped in the kitchen after feast.  My staff thanks you as do I.

For my peer, Mistress Caroline of Seareach, who never doubted that I could handle the job.  You know how I feel about you.  I needn’t say more.  My love, as always!

And most importantly, for Their Majesties for giving us the opportunity to host this event.  We are honored to be of service to the Kingdom and stand ready for future opportunities if ever needed.

If I have forgotten anyone, it was not intentional. I am still overwhelmed by the event. I am honored and humbled by the love and support I have received and I thank you all for the opportunity to show the Kingdom the great talents of the members of the Stronghold of Raven’s Cove.

Yours, as always, in Service to Kingdom and Crown,
Lady Katharine de la Vache