[MR] Storvik Baronial Birthday XXX, Sept 11-13, 2009

Kender lilkender at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:37:32 PDT 2009

Newly added to the schedule: rapier, target archery and A&S classes. Also
see the feast menu at the bottom of this email. Lunch will be provided. We
still have room for more merchants; please contact the autocrat for tent
space.

Join the Barony of Storvik for our thirtieth birthday! We will be
celebrating the history of Storvik. It will be a day of melee and A&S. All
are welcome to stay the weekend. We have put in a request for beautiful
Maryland Autumn weather.

Martial activities will include heavy combat, rapier and target archery.
Baron Rorik and Baroness Janina will choose Baronial Champtions in all three
of these activities. If you are interested in championing the Barony of
Storvik in one of these areas, please inform the appropriate MOL or marshal.

Heavy Combat: William the Younger has planned a series of scenarios for
melee combat based on the 14th century Hundred Years' War. Authorizations
will start at 10am; fighting will start at 11am.

A&S: The harvest is upon us in the Grand Barony of Storvik, Mother of
Baronies. Bring a Harvest themed entry to please their Excellencies as they
celebrate Storvik’s 30th Birthday. Documentation is encouraged, but not
required for entry. There will be Prizes for Best in Show, Best use of the
Theme and Best Documentation. A&S will be headed up by Beatrix von Leipzig.

Poetry: A poetry competition will be sponsored by Teleri the Well-Prepared.
The subject is the Legendary History of Storvik, preferably in Eddic form.
You may find some history on which to base your poem from Storvik’s webpage:
http://storvik.atlantia.sca.org

Brewing: A brewing roundtable will be led by Sorcha na Prechán. Mead, beer
and ale are preferred but wine and cordials are acceptable. There is no
competition – just bring a drink you’ve made to share and receive comments
and suggestions.

Classes: So far we have two classes lined up: How to get started in
Calligraphy, taught by Beatrix von Leipzig and Black Hours (illumination on
black background), taught by Syr Richard de Montbrai. If you are interested
in teaching a class, please contact Beatrix at beatrixherald at yahoo.com

In the evening we will have a Fireside Bardic Circle. Bring a lantern or
candle and a drink to share. The format will be Pick-Pass-or Play. Be
prepared to Choose your favorite Song and Bard in the Circle, OR Perform
your own. But beware, any who pass must fill the cup of the next performer.
Audience is participation is requested and required! Water and punch will be
provided.

Feast menu – English feast for 80 by Lady Tirzah MacCrudden

*First Course*
Tostee - Page 119 #96 wine, honey, croutons and ginger with candiend ginger
on top
Fenkle is soppes - Page 115 #49 Fennel with Toast Points
Furmenty with porpeyes - Page 125 #119 Fumentory with tuna (replacement for
porpoise)

*Second Course*
Hares in papdele - Page 103 #26 Rabbit lasagna
Spynoches yfryed - Page 141 #189 sauteed spinach
Rapey - Page 116 #85 Figs and Currents with spices and sweet

*Third Course*
Vinegrate - Page 111 #62 pork cutlets with onions
Mortrews - Page 107 #46 minced chicken and pork in a sweet ginger sauce
Potage of rys - Page 75 #76 rice with almond milk and saffron
Beneys yfryed - Page 141 #189 sauteed butter beans

*4th Course*
Rosee - Page 70 #41 chicken in almond milk and rose petals
Tart de bry - Page 137 #174 brie tart
Salat - Page 115 #78 herb salad
Tartys of Applis - Apple Pie

All recipes come from Curye on
Inglysch<http://www.librarything.com/work/158070/book/49541583>
.

Please see our webpage, http://storvik.atlantia.sca.org/events.html for more
details and directions. If you are unable to access the webpage, email the
autocrat and I will forward the information to you.

-Lady Kunigunde, Autocrat
lilkender at gmail.com