[MR] The passing of a friend

William Fleming ruaidhriancu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:34:55 PDT 2009

I am not sure if anyone else knew my friend Mark Priest but I hope you can
spare a thought and a prayer for a storyteller who inspired and taught me
before I joined the SCA.  Many of the storytelling techniques I use and
teach I learned from him.  Mark was a performer on the Ren Faire circuit
(The Sterling, Pennsylvania, and Florida Faires).  As Friar Tobias Tubins he
entertained audiences with strange tales and the game of "Rat Puck".

For many years, Mark had been working at the Magic Kingdom,  the other day
he felland broke his neck.  At first the prognosis was good and he was
showing no signs of paralysis but today he died.

Today the world lost a merry soul, so we must all try to be a little sillier
to make up for the absence.

"So as they say in ancient Celtic, 'Ashhee Boo Boo'"

--Ruaidhri