[MR] Many Thanks to an Army of Embroiderers and Seamstresses

Glynis Gwynedd ylandra at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:48:50 PDT 2009

Lady Katarzyna,

I think I speak for all of us when I say that you are most welcome for
the help. Indeed, it took an army of Atlantians to do those favors.
For those who might not know, each reign several hundred favors are
needed for the Queen of Atlantia - and during a Pennsic reign such as
this was, even more are needed. I believe I was told that 600 favors
were needed.

This reign's favors took roughly 25 minutes each to embroider on our
machines (due to the complex nature of the design), and then the
tireless hands of the seamstresses took over from there. Roughly 10
favors could be embroidered in a 5 hour evening, and then the sewing
was done. I confess that I don't know how long the sewing took as my
machine was involved in the embroidery and decided to stop behaving.

It takes many hands to do these things, and I encourage each Atlantian
to step forward to help with the Queen's favors when next the call
goes out.

~Lady Glynis Gwynedd
Barony of Highland Foorde
"Have you hugged a harp today?"
--
"To this end should a truly chivalrous man know something of arts and
courtesies as befits the quality of his character, else the world