[MR] Candy recipes?

Sandi Rust feo2mouse at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 07:14:14 PDT 2009

If you care to make distilled rose water, you could make Lokum (turkish delights) or you could candy the rose petals - cut the white tips off, dip in egg white, then dip in sugar. Leave in the sugar for a minute then remove to a parchment paper to dry. Very simple, but rather tedious. If you fine grind the sugar or make vanilla sugar beforehand and use that to make the candied petals (you can also use violets and borage flowers), it will really give them a bit of "zing".

I also dry then grind the rose petals in sugar and add them to cookie recipes... like Rose Sugar cookies. ^_^

Lady Marie Hélène of the New Forest
Canton of Cyddlain Downs