[MR] Event Flier - Feast of St. Andrew - 12/11/04 - Harleyville, SC

George Condon gwcjr at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 25 20:08:12 PDT 2004

December 11th 2004 - Feast of St. Andrew

Canton of Tear Sea's Shore - Harleyville, SC

Autumn is upon us and the air grows cooler each day. It must be time once again for The Canton of Tear Sea's Shore to host our annual celebration of The Patron Saint of Scotland - St. Andrew.  This gathering will also grant an opportunity for all of us to celebrate the Yuletide season as well.

The Site: The day's festivities will be held at The Harleyville Community Center, 20 South Railroad Avenue, Harleyville, SC 29448. The site opens at 9:00 a.m. and closes at 11:00 p.m.  This is a wet site but responsible discretion is appreciated. No pets please.

Martial Activities: Fighting activities will include our traditional Great and Mass weapons tourney for Heavy fighters as well as a Rapier tourney.

A&S: This year there will be a veritable cornucopia of activities:

- Baroness Rowen is sponsoring a yuletide theme dessert competition which is not limited to period recipes and no documentation is required; however copies of

the recipe are always appreciated. The Baroness will be presenting the prize for this Contest.

- Our Baronial Artisan The Honorable Lady Tegan de Moreton is sponsoring a competition for felted items. For more information contact THL Tegan at

nitefall3 at earthlink.net.

- Finally there will be an open competition with documentation required and open display.

The Feast: THL Tegan de Moreton will be preparing what will certainly be a wonderful feast. Please address any dietary concerns to THL Tegan not later than one week prior to the event at nitefall3 at earthlink.net.

The Cost: Adults: onboard $13.00 daytrip $6.00, Teens (13-17): onboard $12.00 daytrip $5.00. Children (6-12) onboard $6.50 daytrip $3.00. Children 5 and under are free.

***The above prices are for reservations mailed (postmarked) not later than November 25, 2004.

Reservations mailed after this date and at the door add $1.00 to each of the onboard fees respectively.

Adult non-members must add a $3.00 non-member surcharge.

Please make reservations checks payable to: The Canton of Tear Sea's Shore, SCA Inc. and send them directly to the Autocrat.

The Autocrat: Lord Andronikos Psellos (Robert Montgomery), 4727 N. Appaloosa ct., North Charleston, SC 29420. (843) 552-0323, e-mail: andronikos_psellos at yahoo.com.

The Directions: Take your best route to I-26, west of Charleston, SC. Take exit 177 (Rt. 453) towards Harleyville. Follow this road approx. 1 mile until it ends at a T-junction. Turn left onto Rt. 178 towards downtown harleyville. At the flashing yellow light, turn right. The site is approx. two blocks ahead on the left. SCA signs will be posted.