[MR] Re: Pennsic and the attack

Sean D. Sorrentino sdsorrentino at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 10:31:06 PDT 2004

--- David Wendelken <davewendelken at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Pennsic isn't really an SCA event, not like
> "regular" SCA events in that
> many folks who attend aren't really SCA members.

i have an objection to the implication that the actual
SCA members can somehow be more trusted than members
of other associated groups. while we should not be
encouraging a galloping paranoia, we should all
recognize that you can be attacked at any time by
nearly anyone.

be on your guard, ready to repel any attacks that
come. bring friends with you so that potential
attackers are dissuaded. keep control of yourself so
that you do not attract the attention of those who
would do you harm. and, if you can handle it, carry
some live steel. if you are attacked, give them
another stab for me.
Domenico

=====
Sean Sorrentino