Helping others; was RE: [MR] Re: who is to blame. (was possessive pronoun use catfight)

Janie janielee at cox.net
Fri Sep 3 18:27:52 PDT 2004

I saw this incident with my own eyes:

His Majesty Kane saw a lady struggling with a heavy basket.  When he asked
if he could help her, she replied, "Oh no, Your Majesty!  You're the king!"
Kane smiled at her and asked if she would do a great favor for him.  She
responded that she would do whatever His Majesty wished.

Kane took of the Crown of Atlantia and placed it in her hands.  "Please hold
that for me.  It's very important to me.  Now that your hands are busy, I'll
carry your basket.  Where would you like it?"

Yes, the lady was embarrassed.  But I believe that everyone who saw that
will never forget it.  I never will.  Some people need to be reminded to
allow others to help them.  It is neither a sin to ask for help or to
receive help.

Lady Gwendolyn Fitch
(Who knew Kane when he was Black)

>i heard a story, probably apocryphal, but good nonetheless. there once was
a King who would wander around during the early part of an event, dutifully
attended by his squires and retainers. whenever he found a Lady setting up
her camp, he would plunge right in, setting up the tent and carrying stuff
from the car to the camp. or at least he would try to. his squires and
retainers, feeling it was wrong to stand by while the King worked, would
plunge in ahead of him and get the work done, sometimes taking things right
out of His Majesty's hands. no one ever knew if it was just the King's work
ethic or if it was a secret plan on his part to make his retainers work for
the Kingdom, but the results were the same. the camps got set up and the
Ladies were helped.