[MR] Attacks at Pennsic

Laura Barrowman emmasmum at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 3 08:50:12 PDT 2004

I have found all of the talk about attacks/bad people/parking etc. a
good read.  I am fascinated by people & their stories; enjoy them all
good/bad, true/false.  The fellow from the East who was attacked at
Pennsic was in my encampment.  By his own admission, he didn't recall
what happened to him. [An aside: No! He couldn't have been the knife
wielding attacker.  Happened much earlier in the week.]  He had gone
'walk about' around the site after drinking.  How drunk he was, only he
knows.  The story got embellished in passing.  He did looked like
someone had punched him up.  What really happened?  I suppose only the
swamp spirits know.  "Little is lost in truth but much gained in effect"
in telling the story of an unknown assailant lurking around the swamp.

--Lorelei