[MR] FW: SCA Market Research

Janie janielee at cox.net
Fri Sep 3 08:21:19 PDT 2004

Forwarded with permission:

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cara de Lorraine <caradelorraine at yahoo.com>
Subject: SCA Market Research

Greetings all...

I'm currently in negotiation with a Textile mill in India and, in order to
figure out what kind of fabrics I should order and in what quantity, I would
like your input.

What weaves, weights and widths would you like to have access to? Please be
specific, ie 2/1 twill, tabby et al. I'm not very lingo literate so it would
be nice to be able to use the proper terminology.

What would you be willing to spend on yardage in:
Linen;
Cotton;
Wool;
Silk;
Brocades;

What would you be willing to spend on shirts and chemises in:
Linen;
Cotton;
Silk;

Keep in mind that the textiles can be made to order, so don't be afraid to
dream for the perfect fabric...
you know.. the kind you can't find anywhere else but would love to get your
hands on. :) (handkerchief linen for under $21/yd for shirts and chemises or
no slub silk of any weight springs to mind)

IS
Caraine