[MR] Your Women?

Lady Jaine shewombat at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 11:08:42 PDT 2004

I'm picking at something that to many will be a nit, but to me it is a
significant statement.

"Please, do not let your women walk unescorted after dark at Pennsic."

I am not an object to be owned. I believe the phrase, "Please, do not
let anyone walk unescorted after dark at Pennsic." would be less
irritating to those of us who find the concept of 'ownership'
distasteful. If I seek or accept escort, it is because I am making a
decision about my own safety. Thank you for offering, I prefer not to
walk alone late at night.

Jaine Parr