[MR] Online Payments Again

l e storey lestorey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 13:47:13 PDT 2004

Greetings to all!

Perhaps my bank's online payment (web billpay) system is a bit
different from others, as a check is sent to any payee that does not
support EFT.  I have prereged for local events and Pennsic using my web
billpay function.  Perhaps other banks provide similar services, but
don't advertise / inform their customers?

As for Paypal: I was a member, for years, until a few months ago when a
news blip alerted me to the class action Lady Scott references below.
That very day, I removed all of my personal banking information from
their site and cancelled my account.  At this moment, I'm of a mind of
never rejoining; this may change, depending on the suit's outcome.

I need my checkbook maybe four times a month and at Pennsic or other
events where merchants prefer personal checks over paying for credit
card processing fees, so I know I won't be 100% electronic any time
soon.  And I bought such a neat checkbook cover a few Wars ago ... ;-)

My $0.02 as well!

-Siobhán