[MR] Your Women?

Neca D Johnson neca.d.johnson at aexp.com
Fri Sep 3 08:05:51 PDT 2004

Besides, saying "women must have escort!" makes me feel like a member of the
Tuchux, and Gor novels are SO not my thing. ;)
-Ana

As the wise philospoher, poet, and heavy fighter Animal once said, "If you put
a thousand monkeys in a room with typewriters, they wouldn't write Shakespeare,
they'd write a Gor novel."  In other words, most Tuchux are so not into Gor
either. :-)

I won't bother defending why we treat our wenches the way we do, except to say
that we do so because we care for them.

The fact is pretty simple though, that in the past few years we've have
multiple attempts of theft from our camp (including this year's infamous "Mr.
John" travelling road show attempt), vehicle vandalism (by a SCA person who
seriously vandalized a car with a Tuchux sticker on it), etc.  We choose to
escort our wenches so that assaults like the one in the bog don't happen to
them and also, because of who we are, there are some people at Pennsic who
obviously think it earns them some sort of "badge of honor" to steal from or
harm Tuchux.  Personally, I think it takes a special kind of stupid to break
into the one camp that not only has gate and roving guards, but NVG goggles.
"All the better to see you with my dear."

But to your point, at Pennsic 2 years ago Sir Gunthar said to me, "If somebody
snuck up from behind and hit me on the back of the head, they could do whatever
they wanted.  Don't walk around Pennsic alone - it's not safe for anybody."
Being unconscious pretty much negates whatever physical strength or prowess an
individual might have.  I don't view it that women are necessarily weaker, but
they are a preferred target for the majority of sickos.

Makai
Wolverine Clan
Tuchux

American Express made the following
 annotations on 09/03/04 08:07:41

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank you."