[MR] Woman Attacked at Pennsic

Logan logan at ebonwoulfe.com
Fri Sep 3 08:02:24 PDT 2004

we were discussing this "topic" a little last night and i was wondering.  a
women is attacked viciously at pennsic by someone with a knife.  she bashes
the guys face several times with a metal mug probably leaving some marks of
some degree.

why did nobody hear about it?  by that i mean i have asked many people from
a couple of kingdoms if they were aware of this and they all said no.  i
play host to 20 - 30 people in my camp at pennsic every year and this year
had four people attending their first pennsic.  while i firmly believe that
people need to be responsible for themselves i also feel a great
responsibility for their safe keeping and enjoyment.  if one of the women
that freely chose to use the same land mass as i did (also called my
encampment) had been attacked in such a way you can bet your bottom dollar
that word would have gotten out far and wide requesting a chance to meet
anyone with the slightest facial bruising.

in the real world this was close to attempted murder (definitely assault
with a deadly weapon) and i live in a city of over half a million people,
someone gets attacked like that here in charlotte and its all over the news.
that leads me to think that either it didnt happen, or, we have an issue at
pennsic in getting crucial information disseminated.  i heard about a
thunderstorm heading our way from about 10 different people so that we could
prepare the camp in which we all resided to deal with it.  if this did
happen, and word would have gotten out better, perhaps this predator could
have been caught and dealt with by the authorities.

anyway, the topic came up and i just thought i would see if others heard
about it at pennsic when it happened.

regards
logan

www.ebonwoulfe.com

Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still
can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.