[MR] (no subject)

Terri Morgan nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Fri Sep 3 05:25:23 PDT 2004

<snip>
> Second, although women do not serve in "combat roles" that is a loosely
> defined term. I consider Air Defense Artillery to be combat...and we've
> had women serve there. There are a large number of female medics...and
> while they aren't fighters, they certainly do see combat. To say that
> because women aren't sharing their equal responsibilities because they
> aren't allowed to serve in combat is to diminish the very great
> contributions that our women warriors have made in the past, and
> continue to make today.
> Alessandra

I'm with ya - I only had to pull my gun once but I was prepared to kill with
it... although the California State Highway patrol wouldn't forgive me if I
had (I was carrying classified information and got a flat tire). Still, I
see Andras point - it's not "whether women do or don't die in service to
their country" it's "whether the country is willing to risk one gender just
as easily as the other". Once that disregard is across the board, then we'll
have equality.

Hrothny, in a bad mood
(I gots a toothache! Of course! Because it's *Friday* of a three-day
weekend!)