[MR] Herndon, VA / Dulles Airport - NSTR

CamerHend at aol.com CamerHend at aol.com
Sat Sep 18 09:25:25 PDT 2004

Even though the weather channel is saying that Ivan damaged only places in
the south,,,,

Here in Northern VA, the damage from the tornadoes that sprouted from the
storm is
noticible.  No reports of any major injuries, but, here in Steirbach  and
parts of Ponte Alto
(Stafford and Prince William counties), there is a fair amount of damage to
property.
Several tornadoes did  touch down, skipping over one house, and  destroying
the next.

Having worked in the 911 center throughout and after the storm, we received
mostly "tree into house" calls, and the "I thought I could drive my little
bitty car through the flooded road, now I'm trapped" calls.

The important thing is, no one was hurt, and hopefully just a few more
people learned to pay attention to those annoying little tone alerts on the tv  and
radio,,,,,,,,,

Meiurghreil