[MR] Your Women?

Sean D. Sorrentino sdsorrentino at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 11:41:04 PDT 2004

--- Logan <logan at ebonwoulfe.com> wrote:

>  it amazes me how easy it
> is for people to allow
> themselves to be offended.  glad i dont suffer from
> that.

hehehehe!

His Grace makes a good point while elegantly poking
fun at himself.

there is no real useful way to refer to your Lady (or
Lord) without using language that, to the sensitive,
can also connote ownership. while we can monitor our
language to prevent a lot of misunderstandings, we
need our listeners to remember that if there are two
ways you can interpret what we say, and one of them
offends you, we meant the other.

when you limit our ability to convey our thoughts by
declaring certain word choices off limits, you have
the effect of simply silencing us. this is a far
greater offense than imprecise words in a language we
did not develop and are simply stuck with.
Domenico

=====
Sean Sorrentino
Email: