[MR] RE:Woman Attacked at Pennsic

Sean D. Sorrentino sdsorrentino at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 20:20:46 PDT 2004

--- Martha <lghthse at verizon.net> wrote:
> I must jump in with my two cents worth here.

i would like to thank you for telling us about this.
i, for one, an quite tired of the annual post-pennsic
flagellation about how the sca has declined from the
"good old days."

bottom line, you are not safe simply because the
people you are with have dressed up in funny clothes
and try to act like knights. predators are everywhere,
and they walk and talk just like the rest of us. they
existed in period and they exist now. there were no
"good old days." your best defense is awareness. the
problem is that no defense works all the time.

please continue to tell your friends your story. an
aware and alert lady makes a poor target. while we all
aspire to be the rescuer, better that the attack not
happen in the first place.
Domenico

=====
Sean Sorrentino