[MR] Event Calendar

Charlotte Wurtzel mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com
Fri Dec 17 05:20:57 PST 2004

>Secondly, at one point there were limitations placed on when information to
>be included for events could be posted by the Chronicler on a kingdom web
>page.  (That is one reason why local groups were encouraged to put flyers on
>their sites.)  This was an attempt to force people to get memberships to get
>information and keep sustaining membership up.  (The phrase I have seen is
>to "add to the perceived value of membership", but that is what it boils
>down to.)

Was this at a society level? Because it certainly has never been an issue in the
three other kingdoms that I've lived in.

If it's kingdom policy, it's silly. The purpose of a website is to get the most
information out possible, not to hide it to force people to get the paper pub.
It maybe be par for the course for a person to have to search all over creation
for event information in Atlantia, but that's not useful for a new SCA person,
or somebody new to the kingdom.

BTW, I totally understand if this was a case of "It didn't get updated this
time, but normally it does". I'm overly familiar with the concept of Real Life
Comes First (tm). But I'm less than thrilled if, by policy, the Kingdom Twelfth
Night Website was not accessible from the Kingdom website until December 1st.

Cheers,
Mathilde