[MR] December Acorns late

Leslie Cox perndragon at mail.dockpoint.net
Thu Dec 16 09:23:20 PST 2004

As someone who sends non-profit newsletters via "standard" mail for where I work (the new name for what we still call bulk - and whose bright idea was that name, I wonder - what in heck is "standard" mail?!)... anyway, point is that you also need to factor in the fact that this was a very big election year as well.

However, I will also say that we have noticed a drop in accuracy and speed of delivery of regular, first-class mail as well in recent years - including the return of mail sent to truly correct addresses claiming that they cannot be delivered.  What accounts for this I do not know; but several new OCR-type reader machines have been put into use in the last few years.

-- Lady Lucy Rose Falconer

From: "Wilma Walter" <wwalter at thearcofpgc.org>
Date:  Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:56:07 -0500