[MR] Japanese Garb Competition at Twelfth Nigh

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 15 05:11:16 PST 2004

I would like to remind folks that I will be sponsoring a competition at
Twelfth Night for Japanese garb.  It can be from any period, and in any
style or position in society.  I do require that it be documented.  If
you are looking for information and documentation, please visit any or
all of the following Web sites:

http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/  Here you will find models
wearing garb from the various periods of Japanese history, along with
line drawings of the outfits.

http://www.rindo.com/105/kimono/obi-img/karaginu/karaginue.html  This
page is information about Heian period women's garb.

http://www.raito.com/clothing.htm  A description of the various
components of simple Japanese garb, along with patterns

http://www.dementia.org/~djl/sca/japanese/patterns.html  And yet another
on simple garb.

http://www.geocities.com/wodeford/KosodeMadeSimple.htm  An article on
the kosode, the basic element of female garb...along with patterns.

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/japanese/index.html  Information on
Japanese garb by Kass McGann.

http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/garb.html  This is by a Midrealm
Laurel in Japanese studies, Master Edward of Effingham.  Some of the
pages are still under construction, but the information about men's garb
is quite good.

I hope many of you will participate, especially as Their Majesties will
be wearing Japanese garb for this event.

Kiri