[MR] allergies, migraines, etc (OT and a bit of soapbox, delete if uninterested)

Tracie Ellis tygerphoenix at stormcrow.org
Wed Dec 8 15:07:00 PST 2004

Sorry for the bandwidth, but, I've recently read this thread, and
thought it nice that the adoptive 'father' of the stray from Unevent
would update us all on the kitten's condition and welfare.  Yes, I'm
sure a number of us may have had problems with the animal's dander had
we been near it.

I have a small story to relate here. I am a migraine sufferer...get
rather bad ones that strike without warning and knock me down for a day
at least at any given time.  Triggers include smoke, scents, chocolate,
alcohol and some foods...I can control two of those, but not smoke and
scent...

What to do around smokers and perfume/cologne wearers???  Not much I'm
afraid, not much at all.

But I manage, and everyone close to me does their level best to
remember, including a dear friend I gave a roof to cover his head - and
he smokes.

I can only look after myself, not expect everyone else to, neither
should any other sufferer do so.

Miriel Crawford