[MR] All invited to the Christmas Parade in Fredericksburg, VA

Laurie Clarkston garadh at starpower.net
Wed Dec 1 13:14:39 PST 2004

Not going to Unevent this year?  Why not come to Fredericksburg, Virginia this Saturday (December 4, 2004) and

march in the Annual Christmas Parade with the Canton of Sudentorre.  If you like watching parades, then you will

LOVE marching in this one.  It is a lot of fun and family friendly.  The parade route is 11 blocks, with one steep hill.

Sorry, no pets allowed.

This year's theme is Favorite Christmas Story.  We are doing the 12 Days of Christmas.  If you have a drum, bagpipes,

recorder, penny whistle, bring them (I need drummers drumming, pipers piping).  If you are an archer, bring your gear

including crossbows (Lords a leaping).  Heavy Fighters, please wear your armor and come armed.  We have 5 gold

rings to protect!

Parade Line-up is 5 pm; the parade starts at 6 pm.  We will meet at the Campus Christian Center (CCC) on Danridge

Street  http://sudentur.atlantia.sca.org/ between 4-4:30 pm.  We must leave for the parade line-up by 4:45 pm.

Strongly recommend arriving at the CCC before 4:45 pm and carpool with the group.  Wear Garb and dress for the

weather.  You will be outside from 5-8 pm.

There is plenty of parking available at the CCC.  Parking is available at the commuter lot behind the Train Station.

This is where we will park for the parade.

Our Parade Entry Number is 5-9.  We are to line up on Wolfe Street between Caroline and Sophia Street (same

place as last year) right next to the Executive Plaza building-big modern structure.  You can go to Sudentorre's website

and download the map.  It will be the website tonight.

If you miss the carpooling from the CCC, you will have to drive downtown.

Directions from the CCC to parking downtown:

Go three blocks and at the light, turn right on to Kenmore Avenue.  Follow Kenmore Avenue all the way down to

second light.  At that light, turn left onto Lafayette Blvd.  Take the next right under the train tracks and turn right.

This road will take you to the Commuter/train parking lot.  Park anywhere available.

You will walk about three blocks to the parade line-up.  Please note.  Caroline Street and Princess Anne Streets

are the two main streets for the parade.  These roads will be barricaded at 5 pm.

People in orange vests part of the parade organizers and they are there to help you find your group.  If you are not

sure where to meet, tell them you are looking for "5-9".

After the parade, we will go back to the CCC and have a potluck supper.  Everyone is invited to join us.  Bring

something yummy to share.

If you have any questions, contact Lady Cairistiona de Coveran, garadh at erols.com, or 540-582-2699.

Please share this post with anyone you think might be interested.