RSS (was Re: [MR] Regarding the Acorn Website)

Terry Buyers sirknight at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 18 12:49:39 PST 2004

The new Firefox browser from Mozilla.org has an RSS extension that lets
you toolbar or bookmark your RSS feeds - as well as immunity IE lacks
for popups and spyware and the like.

Runs on just about any platform out there. I've got it running under
Linux and Windows on a couple of computers here at the house.

                       Taras

On Friday 17 December 2004 19:19, Denise Nelson wrote:
> Since I've gotten this question a few times, I'll answer it here.
>
> The simple explaination is "like email for webpages."   For the more
> involved explaination, check out an online tutorial like
>
> http://www.download.com/How-to-read-RSS-feeds/1200-2001-5123544.html
>
> This explaination uses a new program you have to download to be able
> to read RSS feeds.  Another option is livejournal.com (a popular
> blogging site).  To add a RSS feed from there (since I know lots of
> Atlantians have livejournals), go to this website:
>
> http://www.livejournal.com/syn/
>

> An example of how this works is SCAToday.net.  You can check the
> webpage every few days, or get the headlines delivered to your feed
> reader or livejournal friends page.
>
> It all turns a "pull" technology (user requests each time) into a
> "push" (automatically informs user of change).
>
> Pretty neat, huh?
>
> Helewyse
---

http://sirknight.home.mindspring.com