[MR] Event Calendar - Unofficial site

James Kriebel James at Kriebel.cc
Fri Dec 17 07:31:12 PST 2004

Several Years ago I did create an "unofficial" calendar.  It is indeed still on line and available.  But it needs the support of the Autocrats to thrive.

Before I give the address, I do need to say that the site is designed to allow the Autocrat of an event to enter the event information and the host group to have a web page for the event with full details.  Basically it was a centralized listing of independent event websites, and had no effect on whether or not an event was "Official" or registered in the Acorn.

For the past year Lady Alexandra Scott of the southern reaches of Atlantia and myself in the northern reaches have been attempting to put up events as we discover a website for them or they are posted on the Merry Rose.  And I must thank her for her efforts on this.  But with the support of the host groups and event autocrats this "unofficial" calendar could be so much more useful,  and fill the gap that many have been complaining about.

As we have both been very busy with the holiday season, it has recently died on the vine.  That is to say most of the events we had discovered have past, and we have not had time to go searching for more to post.

So here is a challenge to all Autocrats... If you would like your event posted, fully fill out the form at the bottom of the "unofficial" calendar page.  It will be posted very shortly after you turn in your information.  Think of it as free advertising for your event *way* in advance of the Acorn publishing.

A couple other features which this calendar has....

It keeps the past events for 2 months as many events add photos after the fact and some like to have the information available.

It also has a separate calendar for DEMOS.  As demos don't typically have web pages created for them, this does not require one, it provides a text box to enter the demo information in.  And like the event calendar it keeps the past 2 months Demos available.

All that said, here is the address:
http://calendar.duncarraig.net

As always, suggestions to improve the "unofficial" calendar are always welcome.  Please feel free to add links to this site or any pages on it, the whole reason it exists is to spread the information and get us all to more events!!

Enjoy,
Jonathas