[MR] All Invited to Demo in Cecil County, MD

Kathrina A. Black kblack at breckenvale.com
Mon Aug 25 17:51:46 PDT 2003

Greetings to the Populace of Atlantia!

On Saturday, September 13th, the Barony of Bright Hills has been invited to
participate in Charlestown's Riverfest event in Cecil County, Maryland.
Their Excellencies Barre and Cordelia fitzRobert of York would like to
extend an invitation to everyone in Atlantia to come and participate in this
demo.  This is the first year that this town has put on such a production.
They are planning to have a little of everything to draw as many people as
possible.  The event will have helicopter rides, fishing tournament, sailing
regatta, classic car show, colonial reenactment group, historic home tours,
marathon, fireworks, etc.  They have asked us to do a medieval encampment at
the event in which we can demonstrate fighting, fencing, archery, dancing,
A&S displays and merchant wares.

I would like to encourage anyone who can demonstrate an activity to come and
participate or if you are a merchant, you may sell your wares
(period-looking pavilions only please).  If you do neither of these things,
we will need people to greet visitors to our camp, show them around and
introduce them to the different displays in our camp or just talk about the
history of the Middle Ages/Renaissance.  A parade is also scheduled from
noon to 1 pm and they would like some of our people in garb to walk in the
parade.

The site is open at 5 pm Friday evening, Sept. 12th for setup.  You may camp
on site as long as your tent is period or period-looking.  The actual event
will begin at 11 am and end around 7 pm.  I am asking that everyone be there
by 9 am for set up.  We must be out of the site by 9 pm Saturday evening.

Please come join Bright Hills in their northern-most territory and help us
create an authentic atmosphere for this event.  Directions to the site will
be posted next week.

Please contact me at 443-512-8405 (NLT 9:30 pm) or at kblack at breckenvale.com
and let me know if you are coming and what you are volunteering to do, i.e.
fighting, fencing, dancing, archery, A&S, greeter, setup, etc.  I must have
a list into the event coordinator by September 5th.

In Service,

Lady Catriona inghean Ghiricc
Autocrat for Riverfest Demo

Kathrina Black
Merchants of Breckenvale
http://www.breckenvale.com
aka
Lady Catriona inghean Ghiricc
"Per chevron vert and Or, two crosses of Jerusalem Or and a Thistle sable"