[MR] SSBB Brew Competition Challenge

Laura Barrowman emmasmum at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 19 04:58:25 PDT 2003

Sacred Stone Brewing Competition

The Barony of Sacred Stone will be holding a brew competition during its
Birthday celebration, August 30th.  Categories are as follows:

1) Cordials
2) Wine & Cider
3) Mead
4) Beer
5) Open - OOP styles & anything else, including food, as long as it
contains alcohol
6) Best Documentation

Entries for comments only are welcome.

[Prizes]  All categories to be awarded a 1st prize, regardless of number
of entries. Any category with more than 4 entries will also have a 2nd
place award.  Categories receiving more than 8 entries will be
subdivided by style.

[Best of Show]  If the competition garners at least 50 entries, the will
be a Best of Show competition, comprised of all 1st place entries.
Winner will receive the book 'The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Opened'.

[Judging]  All tasting will be blind.  Bottles will be 'brown bagged'.
Any printing on cap to be blacked out.  Entrants are asked not to
interfere or ask the judges any questions until the competition is over.

[Documentation]  A recipe or explaination of style is encouraged.
Judges should not have to guess what your brew is.  Please don't put
your name on any documentation accompanying an entry to also be tasted,
unless you want it blacked out.  The label on your bottle can be
considered documentation but ANY papers help - including brewing notes.
Help the judges out here.  The more they know of your intentions, the
better they can judge.

[Presentation]  Only one bottle/jar/flask is required. (Unless you think
we will have a best of show round and you are gonna be in it).
Attach/rubber band/tape a label to your brew with your name, the
category & style.

[Proxy Entries]  Entry by proxy accepted only by paid SCA members.
Proxy entries limited to 4 per member.  You must have a representative
on-site (in case you win) to pick up any awards.  Pre-register with
Margret des Kranenturm by August 27.

Please contact Margret des Kranenturm (mka Laura Barrowman) at
barrowma at bellsouth.net or 704-366-7625 if you have any questions or
comments.

Additional info about the event at http://sacredstone.atlantia.sca.org/
under A&S and http://bardiccircle.org/SSBB.html

In Service,

Margret des Kranenturm

P.S.  I'm still looking for a Guild judge so we can get this puppy
sanctioned