[MR] RE: [SCA-merchants] Fwd: [Namron] Fwd: [NR] New Oklahoma Tax Law and Merchants

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Thu Aug 7 11:37:34 PDT 2003

Just a heads up.

Soffya
Chatelaine
three fleur-de-lys Or
Order of St. Roche
Incipient Canton of Sudentur
Barony of Stierbach
Kingdom of Atlantia

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Cathy Robinson [mailto:flowena at hotmail.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 7:39 PM
  To: sca-merchants at yahoogroups.com
  Cc: namron at ansteorra.org
  Subject: [sca-merchants] Fwd: [Namron] Fwd: [NR] New Oklahoma Tax Law and
Merchants

  For all merchants that were planning trips to Oklahoma in the next three
months, better make other plans.   We have been banned from all events in
Oklahoma for at least the next three months.
Lord Wolfon

  >From: Owen
  >To: Bob , Baronial list , craftyguru at aol.com
  >Subject: [Namron] Fwd: [NR] New Oklahoma Tax Law and Merchants
  >Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:25:23 -0700 (PDT)
  >

  >Fitzmorgan at aol.com wrote:Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:23:28 -0400
  >From: Fitzmorgan at aol.com
  >To: northern at ansteorra.org
  >Subject: [NR] New Oklahoma Tax Law and Merchants
  >
  >Oklahoma passed a new law in May that went into effect in July. It
appears that this law would have the effect og making SCA groups in Oklahoma
responsable for collecting and sending to the State of Oklahoma sales tax
collected from merchants who sell at our events. At this time it is not
clear how this applies to us or what proceedures need to be implimented to
enforce this policy. The matter is being looked into.
  >Until we understand how this effects us and what we need to do to be in
compliance, the Kingdom Seneschal has banned all merchanting at SCA events
in Oklahoma. She hopes to be able to lift this ban by October.
  >This is all the information I have on this at this time.
  >
  >Robert Fitzmorgan
  >Northern Regional Seneschal
  >

  >Lozengy,argent and vert,a dexter tierce indented azure.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor