[MR] Pennsic

Debbie Halstead jebbydo at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 09:36:44 PDT 2003

As one who went up for landgrab and then came back for
the week, I have a couple words of advice for all
those heading up later this week . . .

First of all, construction on the Pa. Turnpike is
especially bad around Donegal, and the Cranberry
intersection will look weird to you, also due to
construction.

Secondly, mud. The place is a quagmire. Bring shoes
sutable for the muck, and be careful where you try to
drive. On our block, we're advising people to park on
the paved road -- we're across from Runestone Hill and
you _will_ get stuck if you drive onto the block. Some
of the blocks up in the Serengeti are just as bad --
several of the groups up near the Black Diamonders out
near the RV parking spent Saturday digging drainage
ditches to get rid of the standing water in their
encampment.

Thirdly, bug repellent. With all the standing water,
the mosquitoes are worse than usual, as I'm sure you
can imagine.

That's all -- forewarned is forearmed . . . .

Debora

=====
Debora di Gioiellerie
Deputy Seneschale of the Shire Of Isenfir

"A world lacking in either Mozart or the Ramones is incomplete." - Unknown

"It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here. It balances out the times when the minefield of life explodes." - Jimmy Buffett