[MR] Long term Pennsic Merchant thrown out without warning

Becky McEllistrem bmcellis at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 05:06:17 PDT 2003

As one who is on a merchant's list I can say that we
often never get both sides of a story completely so I
hesitate to rush to sign something without talking to
both sides.  Not that I'm accusing anybody of
anything, just that it seems to be hard in an
emotional sitaution to get both sides of the story
completely.

Another merchant was thrown off site because they were
selling after the merchants were supposed to be shut
down for the year.  I notice in other discussions with
merchants that Coopers especially don't seem to take
too much time when dealing with merchants who are
breaking the rules.  We are a society of courtesy and
chivalry to be sure but the Coopers aren't members.
They're the landowners and we're the guests on their
property even though we pay them.

I have to wonder though, if it's a long-term merchant
are you familiarizing yourself with current rules?  It
is the responsibility of the land owners to publish
the rules and make them clear but it is also the
responsibility of the merchant (especially a long term
one) to familiarize themselves with the current rules
and make sure they're compliant.

I think as always it'll be very hard to have both
sides of the story completely since we weren't there.

Rebecca