[MR] camping toiletries

Ceara ni Neill ceara at HouseBarra.com
Tue Aug 5 21:18:40 PDT 2003

Chamber baggie?
<grin>
I remember one of my aunts bringing a chamber pot to a family reunion...it
was a standard enameled steel pot, white with a red stripe around the lid.
I didnt' know what it was, I thought it was strange to have a cooking pot
in the bedroom...boy was I surprised (& kinda grossed out) when I lifted
the lid for a peek. But considering the treacherous & ancient staircase,
uneven footing, etc. (old mountain house) it made perfect sense for
someone in their 70's.

You can pick up a cheap porta-pottie for around $15 at wal mart. Put in a
gallon of water, some blue stuff, and keep the lid on. Even has a little
depression for toilet tissue. And no, it doesnt' smell...you'd never know
it was there. I've used one for the last few years now.

---Ceara
Sir Andras suggested: