[MR] Silver Chalice XV - Latest Updates & Information

George Condon gwcjr at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 19 11:41:04 PDT 2002

Greetings from the Autocrat and Staff of Silver Chalice XV

Anticipation grows as time approaches for this wonderful event.  Preparation
is well underway to make this Atlantian tradition an exciting and memorable
experience for all.

Latest News & Updates:
It is with great pleasure that we announce that our Majesties Cuan and
Padraigin will be gracing us with their presence!

Questions about the Brewing Competition are being addressed with State Park
officials for a formal ruling that is expected to be in our favor.

Registrations are starting to arrive.  Register early to ensure on-board
status.

The event flyer will be published in the October issue of the Acorn and
available via the Online Acorn at www.acorn.atlantia.sca.org

The latest updates and information can also be found in the Events section
of the Barony of Hidden Mountain's website at
www.members.aol.com/hiddenmountain/events.htm

Site information courtesy of the South Carolina Department of Parks,
Recreation and Tourism can be obtained at
www.discoversouthcarolina.com/sp/spproduct.asp?PID=945&CT=

The physical address for King's Mountain State Park is:
1277 Park RD.
Blacksburg, SC 29702

Silver Chalice XV
15th Tourney of The Silver Chalice
October 25th-27th
Camp York in King's Mountain State Park

The fall season is the time of harvest.
Come and share in our bounty. The Barony of Hidden Mountain invites all
gentles to join us in the most wondrous lands of Camp York. We promise sites
as you have never seen, food fit for the Gods, fighting at its finest and
prizes of great splendor. Come make your place in the heavens like Hercules
with fighting, feasting and hunting.

The Site
Camp York, Kings Mountain State Park is the site. It is a lovely wooded area
and has cabins with beds and/or floor space (no guarantees for a bed for
all). There are hot shower bath houses and swimming at your own risk (no
lifeguard will be provided). The Site opens on Friday 5 pm and closes on
Sunday at 10.00 AM. Pets are welcome, if on leashes at all times. The Site
is dry as are all State Parks. Per Park rules, vehicles are not to be driven
on unpaved roads. Violators will be removed from the site.

Fighting
There will be an abundance of fighting. The Silver Chalice Novice Tournament
(a Double Elimination) is open to any fighter who has never won a tourney
before. But we won't leave those already proven in Tourney out, as we'll
also have a Mythic Hero and Beast Tourney. Are you ready for saint hood? A
Novice Rapier Tourney is offered for anyone who has never won a rapier
tourney. Happy Hunting for the Archers and Thrown weapons with a timed trail
hunt with beast galore. Those who desire may participate in an Equestrian
trial of horsemanship. Please contact the Equestrian Marshal (Baroness
Beatrice Von Staufen) at 20 Leonard St. Warrenville,SC 2985 (803)593-6512.or
email her at baronessBeatrice at hotmail.com. If you would like a rental horse
please contact Baroness Beatrice, for cost and regulation info prior to
sending in site reservations.

A&S
We look forward to all forms of A&S on display, but to win a heroic prize
please compete in one of the three categories: 1) Mythic heroes in any
medium, 2) Brewing, Vintning, and Distillation for the grapes and grains are
ripe, 3) any items or garb pertaining to the Hunt. Please remember that
documentation is strongly encouraged. We also want to say that we are proud
to use the new Atlantian judging list to help us find knowledgeable judges
for these competitions. Please feel free to, at some time during this event,
contact your judges for their insight on their chosen form of A&S.
Children's Activities and Entertainments
Lady Rachel Agnus of Border Vale Keep has agreed to hold the Children's
activities for us. She promises it will be a time to remember for the
children in a hunt theme. For the non combatants we will have a Rat, rabbit
and fox hunt. Find the Plague ridden critters and sell them to the merchants
for coinage. (chocolate that is). See signs on site.

Feast
A hearty lunch will be offered onsite at a nominal fee as a fundraiser for
the Canton of Misty Marsh.
In the evening, a Herculean feast, based on the 12 labors of Hercules,
prepared by the our Own Hero, Master Bran Trefonnen. Bran promises us not
only his usual tasty banquet, but an inspiration of sight, smell and taste
in honor of Hercules' labors. Have you ever wished for ambiance, mood and
great taste at an event? Well, we aspire to this Herculean task with zeal.

Cost
The Cost to hunt on their Majesties land will be-
Adults on board on site $20.00. Adults off board on site are $15.00 as is on
board off site. Adults day trip, off board $10.00. These prices are in
advance of the October 15th cut off. Thereafter and at the door Adult on
board on site is $23.00. Adults off board on site $20:00. Adult daytrip off
board $13.00. Kids 12 and under are half price. Babes in arms are free. YOU
MAY TAKE A $3.00 DISCOUNT, on all the above prices, IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF
THE SCA.

Send Reservations to:
Please send reservations to the co autocrat: Victoria Lovelace (Sithmaith
Nic Aoidh) 120 Stephanie Cir. Summerville, S.C. 29483 (843) 871-0085 NLT 9
pm E-mail: sithmaith at hotmail.com
You may contact the Autocrat: Lady Rowen the Shiftless (Christina Waring) at
104 Stephen Court, Summerville, S.C. 29483. (843) 871-6832 or email me at
rowencat at yahoo.com
If you are a merchant please contact Lady Cecily de Stafford (Gail Grey) at
15 Brookdale Ave. Greenville, SC 1 (864) 467-1703 or email her at
cecily at houseblueheron.com . For the info you need for set up times and the
merchant/hunt games.

Make checks payable to the Barony of Hidden Mountain/SCA inc.

Directions:
Directions from the SOUTH- take your best route to I-85 just north of the
SC/NC border. Take exit #2 (Kings Mountain Military Park) Go south (right
turn) on 216 through the Military Park to Kings Mountain State Park. Turn
right at the sign marked group/organized camps ***At the "y" bear right to
camp York. Please strictly obey the posted speed limit signs within the
park. They are Serious!

Directions from the NORTH- take your best route to I-85 in North Carolina
Just South of Charlotte. Take exit #8 (Kings Mountain Military Park) At the
top of the ramp, turn left . When the road comes to a fork, bear right. You
will stay on this road for about 7 miles until you see a small field with a
split rail fence on the right hand side of the rd. Turn right after the
fence into the entrance of Kings Mountain State Park (there is a package
goods store on the left side of this "T" intersection). Follow the road
through the park to the living history/Organized camp sign and turn left.
*****Follow from above.