[MR] Newcomer solutions

Kaylee kaylee at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 5 07:22:57 PDT 2002

Greetings,

Of all the suggestions, I like the idea of having a prominent SIGN at
Troll welcoming newcomers, and asking them to identify themselves.  At
that point, the newcomers themselves can decide if they want to wear some
sort of favor (if provided) to identify themselves, so participation would
not be mandatory.

I have also admired the practice of welcoming newcomers into court.
Again, participation is not mandatory, but the opportunity to be
identified as a newcomer is there.

I believe that being welcomed into the SCA is a shared responsibility
between newcomers and current members.  I have trouble believing that any
known newcomer would be purposefully snubbed.

I know personally that anyone interested in the fiber arts is welcomed
into the Companions of the Silver Spindle (the Atlantian Spinning Guild)
with open arms.

Just sharing my thinking,
YIS,
Lidia