[MR] Royal Court Report: Celtic Cattle Raids, 21 Sep 2002

Michael Houghton herveus at radix.net
Sun Sep 22 10:05:15 PDT 2002

Howdy!

A minor correction:

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 12:46:30PM -0400, Angela K. Pincha-Neel wrote:
> Unto all to whom these words come, know ye that herein lies the Royal Court
> business that was held this saturday past, being the 21st day of Sept AS XXXVII
> (2002), in the Canton of Nimenfield at the event known as Celtic Cattle Raids.

[snip]

> Court Baron with GoA       - Iacopo Attaviano da Vizzi

When Iacopo was made a landed Baron, it automatically (per kingdom law) came
with a Grant of Arms, so the court baronage could not convey another. I have no
doubt that the words were said by the crown, but the dignity had been given
already. I do note that the online OP does list the Grant of Arms along with
his investiture as Baron of Windmasters Hill.

yours,
Herveus
--
Michael and MJ Houghton   | Herveus d'Ormonde and Megan O'Donnelly
herveus at radix.net         | White Wolf and the Phoenix