[MR] newbie

Cobb, Toby trc at pqa.com
Tue Sep 3 10:46:37 PDT 2002

Good Afternoon, M'lady

I am truly sorry that we as a community made such a poor showing on your first
outing. I do hope that you will try it again. Had you sought out the guidance of
your local groups' newcomer resource? (Chatelaine, Hospitaller, Castellan, etc)
These people are charged with helping you learn about what we do, and to help
you begin networking with people of similar interests within the society. If you
haven't introduced yourself to the person in your area tasked with this
responsibility, please do! If this person is not available, ask for the
Seneshal, they're the Chapter president, and will be happy to help you get
started participating in the fun.

I am uncertain as to where you are in the Kingdom since you have chosen to post
this anonymously (a wise choice IMO, to save embarrassment to those attending
the event in question) but if you happen to be in or near Isenfir
(Charlottesville, VA), please feel free to contact me directly at
castellan at isenfir.org

In the meantime, would you like to tell me what attracted you to us?  What 21st
century hobbies you have?  A large number of modern activities have their roots
in the period arts and sciences. I'll be happy to point you to people and
resources to help you begin your journey. Again, please use
Castellan at isenfir.org to conserve bandwidth.

Thanks for giving us a try. Please give us the chance to make amends, we're
worth the effort. Of course my opinion on our worth may be biased...  ;-)

Yours in Service,

Toby of Isenfir
Shire Castellan