[MR] newbie

Tricia Donadio padraigin at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 3 10:15:12 PDT 2002

My dear lady:

First, do you have a name and e-mail address?  I tried to respond privately
but it bounced.  I am deeply sorry that the experience you had at
your first event was not positive.  Was this your first SCA event in any
kingdom?  Where do you live in our fair Kingdom?  I can tell you that His
Higness and I feel very strongly about newcomers- we were new once, too.  It
is our intention to foster better newcomer activites and interfaces to make
sure that we don't leave our "newbies" unattended or forgotten.  We have, in
fact, challenged the populace to help newcomers with their garb, and
hopefully, build friendships in the process. It sounds as though you may not
be in need of clothing assistance, so that challenge wouldn't necessarily help
you.  However, we do also have officers called Chatelaines who are responsible
for newcomers.  At your next event, please ask at troll if there are any
newcomer activites, or if there is a Chatelaine, and you will probably find
yourself inundated with people to take you around for the day.

If you will be attending Coronation this weekend, you will find at least one
newcomer activity, and I welcome you to come introduce yourself to me.  I will
likely be rather busy, so I may not have a lot of time to spare, but I would
certaily like to make your acquaitance.  I hope your next event is a great
improvement upon your last experience.

Best Regards,
Princess Padraigin