[MR] Ancient/modern cure for cancer from Wormwood

Betty Eyer betty_eyer at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 06:28:50 PST 2001

Sorry to contradict, but

...although harmless in small and/or inconsistent
dosages, Wormwood is a)mildly hallucinogenic/euphoric
in large doses and b)causes permanent nerve damage
when taken regularly and c)can result in death if you
do both (large doses, regularly).  You can look this
up in pretty much any modern herbal.  You extract the
active ingredient in alcohol.  It is the basis for the
cordial absinthe which was notorious in the late 19th
century for addiction and health problems of this
nature.  I would not recommend that anyone take it on
a regular basis. I would not want to chose between
breast cancer and lingering dementia, personally.

Magdalena

--- rmhowe <MMagnusM at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/667259.asp
> Kills breast cancer and osteosarcoma and also works
> on malaria.
> Formula from a Han dynasty tomb. Apart from the fact
> that it is
> historical, it's probably really relevant for some
> people.
> My mother died from breast cancer for example.
>
> Master Magnus Malleus, OL
> © 2001 R.M. Howe
> *No reposting my writings to newsgroups, especially
> rec.org.sca, or
> the SCA-Universitas elist. I view this as violating
> copyright
> restrictions. As long as it's to reenactor or SCA
> -closed- subscriber
> based email lists or individuals I don't mind. It's
> meant to
> help people without aggravating me.* Inclusion, in
> the
> http://www.Florilegium.org/ as always is permitted.

=====
Magdalena de Hazebrouck-Purpure, a fess fusilly argent between three torches or. While Joshua was near Jericho, he raised his eyes and saw one who stood facing him, drawn sword in hand.  Joshua went up to him and asked "Are you one of us or of our enemies?" He replied, "Neither.  I am the captain of the host of the Lord and I have just arrived in this valley." Joshua 5, 13-14.