[Archers] Damon Howatt Bows

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 02:50:00 PST 2024

Noble Friends of the Bow,

Today I stumbled onto some really exciting news. Martin Archery has sold
off their line of traditional wood/fiberglass bows to a separate company,
Damon Howatt. The original Damon Howatt line was bought by Martin in the
1970s, but in recent years the traditional division had taken a backseat to
Martin's compound bows.

The resurrected Damon Howatt company is offering updated versions of
several famous designs such as the Black Mamba recurve and the Savannah and
Viper longbows. Also returning to the line-up is a retooling of the
venerable Stick, one of the best longbow values ever made. I bought my lady
Sarah Sinclair a 35# Stick just before they were dropped from Martin's line
about 12 years ago, and she is still shooting that excellent weapon.

As so many of the traditional bows we use have disappeared in favor of
compounds with their . . . uh . . . training wheels (as Lord Allen of
Wolfhau called them), the return of the Damon Howatt line is a breath of
fresh air.

See https://damonhowatt.com/traditional-bows/

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆