[Archers] Archery at WoW

Michael michaelstuart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:03:10 PDT 2022

Hello fellow archers,

I know many of you are busily preparing for Pennsic, as am I, but please
also begin thinking ahead to War of the Wings later this fall, for which
event I will be serving as target archery MiC. Lady Dorothea has graciously
agreed to be deputy MiC.

>From recently looking them over I can see that a lot of the targets that
live at the castle site are pretty shot up, but I am already busy making
more! Also, we have confirmed there will be a Night Shoot on Friday night
at WoW that will be run by Lady Sarah Sinclair. We will have the usual
range set up for use and also the clout of course, but during the event
there is still plenty of room to offer other specialty shoots. I would like
to encourage the many other creative and dedicated people on this list to
consider proposing and running a specialty shoot of some kind at the event.
For example, I don't think there has been an atl-atl battle in quite a
while!

For those of you attending Pennsic, please feel free to talk with me there
about anything you would like to see at WoW and we can discuss and figure
out how to make it happen. Donations of targets or of prizes for specific
shoots at WoW are also most welcome.

I will be posting a signup sheet in a few weeks where marshals and MiTs can
pick dates and times to volunteer with inspections and helping run the
line, and I plan to finish putting together a preliminary schedule as soon
as I'm back from Pennsic, so stay tuned!

In service,

Eirik Grálokkr