[Archers] Pennsic Archer Update

milesdelocwode at verizon.net milesdelocwode at verizon.net
Wed Jul 27 12:01:44 PDT 2022

Greeting,
Before I leave for Pennsic, I wanted to update you on additional practice times. On August 2-4 from 3:00 to 4:00 each day, there will be a long-range practice held at the range. This practice is open to anyone and not just those wishing to try out for the Champions Team. This is not a mandatory practice but is a great chance to practice your walk-up shooting skills. Additionally, I encourage everyone to check the Pennsic Thing for other archery practices and shoots. There are quite a few out there for shooters of all levels. Come out a
Also, I have cleanup my earlier Pennsic post and copied it below. The first for some reason was not very easy to read and I wanted everyone to get the word on range operations, war points, Champions Team Practices and marshal classes.
See you all in a few days.
Miles

Previous Pennsic Archery Post:

Pennsic is almost upon us. For those archers who are going please read the following and help out were you can.

First, Pennsic Championship will be on Wednesday, August 10 from 8:00to 3:00. Champion's practice will be on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, August 6-8from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. We need a strong showing by our Atlantian Archers. Please come out for the team. The team will consist of the best 30 archers and 10 alternates. It will not be 20 Easterners and 10 ally slots. We have been fighting for this for years. It is time to show them exactly what Atlantian archers can do. If you don't know, we are shooting with the East this year.

Range setup is on Monday, August 1st from 11:00 to 2:00. Range will be taken down on Friday, August 12 starting at 2:00. Please come out and assist. Many hands make light work. And you don't have to be a marshal to help.

Range will be open during Peace Week on Wednesday, August 3rd to Friday, August 5th from 11:00 to 3:00. And will be open on Saturday, August 6th from 12:00 to 4:00.

During War Week, the range will be open from 9:00-11:00 for practice and 11:00 to 5:00 for Populace War Points (Sunday-Thursday). The range will be open on Friday from 9:00-1:00 for War Point only.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The ranges are closed at all other times. No one and this include warranted marshals can open the range at any other time. The only exception is for a class or shoot that is on the official Pennsic schedule.

To have the range fully open we will need marshals. All archery marshals are asked to pull two shifts at the archery range during Pennsic. MIT can also pull a shift but must do it with a warranted ATLANTIAN marshal. If you are able to commit to days and times there is an online sign up. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054DADAC22A2F49-pennsic

All target archery marshals must attend one of the marshal's meetings listed below. This includes any MITs. All meetings are located in the Archery Marshal's tent on the archery range.

 Wednesday, Aug 3 at 11:00 am
 Friday, August 4 at 3:00 pm
 Sunday, August 7 at 5:00 pm
 Monday, August 8 at 5:00 pm

Something new this year, a QR code has been setup for Pennsic archery. You will find flyers posted all over Pennsic. Scan the code and it will take you to a Facebook page. This page will post the latest news about the ranges, shoots, closing because of weather, etc.

Thank you all and I will see you all at Pennsic.

Miles de Locwode