[Archers] Answer on the Vermil Period Nock Question

nicholas m freer neacalban1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 28 05:42:49 PST 2019

I have been using the wooden hornbeam Nocks sold by 3 Rivers quite  a bit, and they seem sturdy enough. They are slightly bulbous, and feel ok. There is no indicator. Using a drill bit just right for my string serving diameter, I drill a hole at the bottom of the throat, and a few passes with some sandpaper through the slot makes a satisfactory pinch nock. I have not stained or painted them yet, slideshow that goes.
I also just got myself  some Jojan nock receivers for the Turkish dock feather up/down orientation, so don't be surprised when such arrows appear for inspection...😁

Also, working on heavier, tougher arrows, with 6 vane fluflus for the Qabak target, to slow them down. Also scheming to add another 5 or 6 feet of height to the target.

May Your Herds Increase

Naran, Noyon of Ponte Alto