[Archers] Holiday Faire Help

jeff vaarstj at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 17 10:41:10 PDT 2017

Calling all archers.  Tis the season of giving.  How about a chance to give back to our beloved archery community?  Ever thrown an event?  It can be a lot of work and also great fun.  Tis time to share your gifts and help out.  Lady Johanna and Lady Alexandria could use some additional targets for Holiday Faire.  It's a themed shoot based on holiday songs.  Currently we only have six entries and I know how we all love to shoot.  Please see http://www.stierbach.org/index.php/archery-thrown for rules and email the Ladies Johanna, vaarstjane3 at gmail.com<mailto:vaarstjane3 at gmail.com> or Alexandria of Stierbach, galexandriataylor at gmail.com<mailto:galexandriataylor at gmail.com> with your gift.

Rules for Target Making Competition:

1. Submit name of maker (mundane and SCA,) name of holiday song theme, contact information (email and cell phone,) and shooting distance to Jane Van de Vaarst, vaarstjane3 at gmail.com<mailto:vaarstjane3 at gmail.com> or Alexandria of Stierbach, galexandriataylor at gmail.com<mailto:galexandriataylor at gmail.com>

Target spaces are limited and only two longer range targets can be accepted. Please contact the above to see what slots are available. We will stack targets if possible.

2. Target Scoring must be between a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 25points.

3. All targets must be on site and set up by maker NLT t AM 18 Nov. 2017.

4. Target makers must provide the following a) Target b) Rules and scoring printed on laminated paper/paper or with clear sheet protector and posted near target c) Any equipment needed i.e. timer d) PROPER backing and support to accommodate all types of bows and avoid blow-throughs.

5. Target ideas must be summited NLT 4 November 2017.

6. If you cannot make the shoot PLEASE tell us sooner rather than later. This shoot depends on YOUR participation. Make arrangements with a substitute to set up your target if you cannot be there on time.

7. Makers will be responsible for tearing down their target before evening court.

In service

Ghijskijn